I haven't done a weekly update for a while because, to be honest, I've not done anything. Well, I've done stuff but I've been in my writing cave working so it's not much fun. Also, when I get into that mode, the days go by without me realising and I think it's Monday but it's actually Friday or something.
That's good because I produced a first draft of my new novel in 11 days but did all the edits to release my previous one (books 1 and 2 of a new series). On top of that, I've had to organise promotion, covers and all the admin/business side of the releases so not much time for fun.
But, this week, my friend Simon arrived for four days of craziness. Including:
- A day trip to Hakone - I'd never been before so it was fun although we did manage to miss seeing Mt Fuji altogether! We did manage the outdoor art gallery which was amazing and to go to an "onsen" (the lady at the tourist place told me it wasn't an onsen because it wasn't traditional Japanese but whatever) with baths including coffee and red wine. For the first time ever in my life, I went on a water slide!
- Sky Duck! This bus starts at the Tokyo Sky Tree and goes around the area to the river then goes ON THE WATER! The woman selling tickets tried her hardest to talk us out of it - telling us it was boring and only really for Japanese but that just made us more insistent on going. We got duck whistles!
- Ninja training. Where I found out I had innate ninja skills (by beating some kids and their mums).
- A night out in Nakano. It was meant to be a night out in Asagaya but the train stopped and we ended up at an 80s bar.
- Shopping in Omotesando/Harajuku. Never go to Harajuku on a Saturday afternoon. Why did I do that?
- Night out in Shinjuku Nichome.
I am now going into detox! I will post up in more detail about some of the shit we did later.