I spend way too much time on planes, and way, way too much time in airport. Man, I hate airports. If I could travel the world without ever going on a plane, I would. But, since I'm based in Australia and don't fancy cruise boats, flying is a necessity.
So, to make life as simple as possible, I have stock standard, no fuss/no muss travelling outfit. Keeping it simple means you have more time to stress about all that other shit you need to stress about at airports. Okay, for me that's usually 'where's the smoking room?'
The picture pretty much says it all.
1. Long cardigan. Can double as a blanket if needed or can be scrunched up for extra pillowing. My old one had pockets then I replaced it and the new one doesn't. I miss my pockets.
2. Short tube skirt. I got this one for next to nothing at H&M. I couldn't find a replacement last time I went either, darn it. Anyway, it's comfy and stretchy, short enough to not be restricting and super versatile to wear when I get to my destination.
4. Leggings. Bamboo FTW. If you're on one of those flights that's super overheated, you can always take them off and chuck them in your bag.
5. Socks. Also bamboo.
6. Boots, because it's always easier to wear them than pack them. Don't wear boots with lots of buckles, studs or other metal bits, obvs. Mine (which aren't as high as the ones pictured) will occasionally sound the alarms but usually I'm okay.
7. Scarf. I have a lovely bamboo/cashmire one. I like a scarf long enough to use as a blanket.
8. Slippers. Not nearly as glam as the ones pictured. I get the cheapo disposable ones from Daiso and throw them out after my flight because dudes piss on the toilet floor. I don't want to put my boots on every time I go and I don't want pissy socks/feet.
9. Neck pillow. I used to think they were as daggy as hell but you know what's really daggy? A stiff, sore neck. My actual one has woodland animals on it and can fold up to become a square cushion as well. Extra bonus, when I want to use my laptop while sitting on the couch, I use my neck pillow to balance it on so I'm not so hunched over.
10. Noise cancelling headphones. Because there's just not even shutting out the world for me.